The long-term results of implant placement rehabilitation are based on a number of key parameters, including critical evaluation of peri-implant soft tissues and subsequent therapeutic interventions. This course, guided by Dr. Otto Zuhr, offers an insight into the latest concepts, strategies and surgical techniques that influence the stability of peri-implant tissues and their modeling to achieve biological and aesthetic success
Thursday. March 8th, 2018
- Microsurgical principles in plastic periodontal and implant surgery – scientific datas and their clinical relevance;
- Soft tissue autograft harvesting;
- Prevention, diagnosis and therapy of peri-implant diseases;
Hands on & video session
- Subepithelial connective tissue grafts from the anterior palate with a single incision technique
- Free gingival grafts around
Friday, March 9th, 2018
- Implant therapy in the esthetic zone – immediate or delayed?
- Gingival recession treatment – …from what we learned in plastic periodontal surgery…
- Further indications
Hands on & video session
- Root coverage with a tunnelling flap procedure and a deepithelialized free gingival graft
- Implant uncoverage in the esthetic zone with a subepithelial connective tissue graft from the tuberosity and a palatal island flap
Dr. Otto Zuhr studied dentistry at the University of Aachen from 1986 until 1992. After finishing his studies in 1992 he received his DMD from the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Aachen and started his work as a dentist in Munich.
Several educational programs led him to Switzerland, Scandinavia and USA during the following two years. In 1994 he started to work at the Institute of Periodontology and Implantology (IPI) with Drs. Bolz and Wachtel. In 1996 he opened his own office focusing on periodontal surgery and aesthetic dentistry in Munich. In 1999 he founded a new clinic together with Drs. Bolz, Wachtel, and Hürzeler and became an associate member in the Institute of Periodontology and Implantology (IPI) in Munich.
In 2001 he received his Specialist in Periodontology of the German Society of Periodontology (DGP).
Otto Zuhr has written several articles in the field of periodontology and aesthetic dentistry and is lecturing nationally and internationally. In 2012 he published his book “Plastic-Esthetic Periodontal and Implant Surgery” with Quintessence.
Course with Lunch and Coffee breaks only:
EARLY BIRD (until 31/01/2018) 3198€ (2600€ +VAT 23%)
REGULAR PRICE 3936€ ( 3200€ + VAT 23%)
Course with accommodation + lunch + Coffee breaks + Social Events:
EARLY BIRD (until 31/01/2018) 4920€ (4000€+VAT 23%)
REGULAR PRICE 5227 .50€ ( 4250€ + VAT 23%)
All the necessary material for the implementation of the course is Lisbon Dentistry Academy’s responsibility.
Avenida Casal Ribeiro, 50, 1º.
1000-093 Lisbon, Portugal
The first value of inscription includes all the material, lunch and coffee-breaks; social events – Closing Fado dinner and Cocktail Friday night; and accommodation.
The second value includes only lunch, coffee-breaks and material.
* The LDA reserves the right to cancel the course up to 25 days prior to start of it, for reasons that may be unrelated.