LISBON IMPLANTOLOGY WEEK 2018 (EN)
25th June 2018 - 30th June 2018
LIW – Lisbon Implantology Week is an experience with two components, one focused on learning and acquiring knowledge and skills based on an intensive course in Implantology – Implantology Training Course and the other with entertainment component – Living Lisbon – that will promote cultural experiences and the discovery of the beautiful Lisbon and other historical places in Portugal. The LIW is intended as a challenge, an enriching and unforgettable experience of personal and professional point of view.
Dentists participating will expand their network and share knowledge and experiences.
To educate dentists to the proficiency level and capability to deliver the treatment implant surgery and subsequent rehabilitation.
- Acquisition of essential theoretical knowledge to highest quality practicing in the areas of implantology and oral rehabilitation;
- Treatment planning;
- Digital Planning;
- Patient management and preparation of the operating room;
- Surgical sequences;
- Implants surgery in view of prosthetic rehabilitation;
- Identification and use of correct prosthetic components for rehabilitation.
– Contemporary Implantology – an introdution
– Basic concepts
- Surgical Anatomy
- Dental implants – first approach
- Biological mechanisms of implant osteointegration
– Treatment planning
- Selecting the right patient
- Photographic protocol
- Digital planning
- Managing expectations
- Every patient is a single case – what to consider: Single or multiple implants; Immediate placement; Guided bone regeneration; Immediate loading; Aesthetic zone
- Medication / Systemic disease in implant surgery
– Preparing your surgery
- Types of implants – design, surfaces, connections
- Surgical techniques – open-flap, flapless and guided surgery
- Treatment planning
– Conventional and digital impression techniques
- Impression components
- Intra-oral scanner
- Basic concepts
- Types of components
- The importance of your abutment design
- Single/Multiple implants
– Keep that smile glowing
- Post-operative complications
- Managing soft tissue for the long run
– Advanced implant procedures
- Managing soft tissue with dental implants
- Bone regeneration techniques
- Soft tissue regeneration techniques
Demo – Immediate loading live surgery DSD guided with immediate provisional.
– Single and multiple implant cases – minimum total of 10 implants.
– Side conscious sedation
– PRGF growth factors
– Hard bone and soft tissue regeneration surgery
Training from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Duration: 45h. Theoretical 15 hours and 30 hours practices.
ANTÓNIO MANO AZUL
ORAL SURGERY, IMPLANT SURGERY AND ORAL MEDICINE
Clinical Practice exclusively in Oral Surgery, Implant Surgery and Oral Medicine.
Visiting Professor Post-Graduation in Oral Surgery (School of Dental Medicine, Fernando Pessoa University – Porto) and Post-graduation in Oral Medicine (CESPU-Porto).
Visiting Professor in several countries (Denmark, Sweden, USA, UK, Spain, Italy and Turkey) and Associated Professor European Master of Oral Medicine and Surgery U. Toulouse (France).
158 published papers in International and Portuguese medical/dental journals, published 6 books and chapters of books.
ORAL SURGERY & IMPLANT REHABILITATION
Dentist and founder of two clinics in Portugal.
Graduated in Dentistry in 2007 by ISCSEM, Lisbon, Portugal, was invited to be oral rehabilitation monitor and concluded his Master in 2010 in the same school.
Was part of several intensive courses and specializations, mainly in Implantology, Advanced Oral Surgery and fixed rehabilitation, in South America.
Studied in São Paulo (Bra- zil), Havana (Cuba), Bogotá (Colômbia), Buenos Aires(Argentina).
IMPLANTOLOGY & ADVANCED ORAL SURGERY
Bachelor degree in Dental Technician from ESS-VS in 2001.
DDS degree from ISCS-N in 2007.
Advanced Studies Diplome from Universitat de Barcelona in 2009.
Postgraduate in Oral Rehabilitation and Occlusion in 2010.
Clinical Stage hands-on of the CHVNG, in the department of Plastic Surgery and Maxillofacial Surgery, in Oral Pathology and Oral Surgery, since 2007.
Currently she maintains a private practice in Porto and focusing in Implants Rehabilitations and Aesthetic Odontology.
Lecturer in the course of Advanced Implantology of Lisbon Implantology Week with the support from Straumann and in the course of Therapeutic Injectable in Dental Medicine.
DMD, MClinDent Periodontology.
University College London – Eastman Dental Institute UK.
Lisbon Implantology Week has a social program with themed dinners, boat trips on the Tagus River and guided tours of the Portuguese capital.
Dentists with clinical experience. Applicants should have a degree or certificate in dentistry recognized by the competente authorities of the respective country school. There are 8 places available.
Application form: Soon!
All material necessary for the implementation of the course is Lisbon Dentistry Academy responsibility.
ABOUT LAST YEAR…
- “No words to describe the course. It was an incredible week of many implants, sutures, laughter and new friends, with a full schedule of activities but always surprising us. Certainly we lived Lisbon.” – Thiago Avelar, BR
- “When you think of a course you imagine days full of knowledge, new learning, but that’s it. LIW had the same, but could include the whole social and cultural part without losing all learning. We really learned a lot and had some great new experiences. Because not only think of tee this also good.” – Mónica Miranda, PT
- “Great experience, hands on course with real patients and real teachers” –Zafar Bacha, IR
- “Being part of this edition of LIW has been the most valuable experience in my dental career thus far. Acquisition of vast amount of knowledge and collaborating with a “family” including Doctors and staff members has surpassed my expectations. I will be back for more 🙂 very soon” – Marcin Lenkowski, PL
The value of inscription includes Implantology Training Course, all the material, transportation to/from offsite events and the clinic, welcome dinner, lunch, coffee-breaks, planned dinners, Living Lisbon activities.
* It will not be discounted or returned any value for the non-participation of the student in any of the planned activities.
** The LDA reserves the right to cancel the course up to 20 days prior to start of it for reasons that may be unrelated.